Need to make an Environmental Registry request?
Environmental Registry applications can now be accepted and paid online.
Visit our new, Environmental Registry Online Application.
The Environmental Registry is a set of records, defined in Nova Scotia Environment Act, S.10, which are considered to be in the public domain and made routinely available to the public upon request. A listing of information available through application to the Environmental Registry can be found at the following link: S.10 Environment Act (PDF: 91k).
S.10(4) of the Wilderness Areas Protection Act also lists information available through the Environmental Registry.
Some records that fall under the Environmental Registry are now available on-line and can be found below:
- Pesticides Applications Approval Database
- Boil Order Database - Municipal List | Individual List
- Well Log Database
Use our Certification Search to find persons with the following certifications:
- Certified Septic Tank Cleaners
- Certified On-site Installers
- Qualified Persons Level I and II
- Petroleum Storage Tank Installer (Class I, II, III)
- Certified Well Diggers and Drillers
- Certified Pump Installers
- Protected Water Areas Designation (PDF: 240k)
To request access to all other records available through the Environmental Registry, please complete an application form (PDF: 119k) for each civic address you would like searched.
- There is an application fee of $25.75 for each civic address
- Application fees are payable via cheque or money order, made out to the Minister of Finance
- We do not accept faxed or e-mailed applications
Completed application form(s) along with appropriate fee(s) can be mailed or delivered to the following address:
Environmental Registry Coordinator
Nova Scotia Environment
5151 Terminal Road, 5th floor
PO Box 442
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2P8