Service personnel and civilans at Orpheus movie theatre Barrington Street, Halifax dances
The Orpheus Theatre was originally the Granville Street Baptist Church but was subsequently owned by the Orpheus Music Society. Later it became a movie theatre. The Orpheus was demolished during the summer of 1947; work began on the Paramount Theatre.
Reference: E.A. Bollinger NSARM accession no. 1975-305 1941 no. 270a