Energy Minister Promotes Plan for Lowest,
Fairest Power Rates
Energy Minister Charlie Parker is visiting several communities across the province to speak to residents and business people about the province's energy plan to ensure the lowest, fairest electricity rates for Nova Scotians.
Energy Deputy Minister Murray Coolican will also provide an overview of the Muskrat Falls/Maritime Link project and its benefits.
The events are free and open to everyone. RSVP to the email address listed for your area.
The following dates have been confirmed:
- Bridgewater: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m.,
Best Western Hotel, 527 Highway 10.
- Antigonish: Thursday, Feb. 21, 3 p.m.,
The People's Place, 283 Main St.
- Yarmouth: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 10 a.m.,
Shelburne Room, Rodd Grand Hotel, 417 Main St.
(MLA Mat Whynott will host, on behalf Mr. Parker).
- Sydney: Wednesday, Feb. 27, 4 p.m.,
Membertou Trade and Convention Centre, 50 Maillard St.
- Amherst: Tuesday, March 5, 2 p.m.,
Cumberland Public Library, 21 Acadia Street, Amherst
(MLA Mat Whynott will host, on behalf Mr. Parker)
- Pictou: Monday, March 18, 8 a.m.,
Holiday Inn Express, 86 Lawrence Boulevard, Stellarton
- Guysborough: Monday, March 18, 4p.m.,
Days Gone By Bakery
- Port Hawkesbury: Tuesday, March 19, 2p.m.
Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre, Shannon Studio
- Berwick: Tuesday March 26, 7:45a.m.
The Driftwood Restaurant, 229 Commercial Street, Berwick
Additional dates and locations will be posted as they are available.